Key Student Resources
Call our toll-free 24x7 FASFA Helpdesk at 877-324-0849 and select option #2.
The system migration has been completed. Please click the button below to find more information along with step-by-step login instructions.
Click the button below to find out how to access the replacement for Sonis named MyRecords.
Click the icon above to access check your CBS student email. All official CBS communication will be to your CBS student email address.
Students using financial aid will access the MyFA portal based on the campus they attend.
• Houston and Online Non-Indiana State Residents: CBS-Houston - 2400
• Indianapolis Pyramid Campus & Online Indiana State Residents: CBS-Indianapolis - 2401
• Ft. Wayne Campus: CBS-Ft. Wayne - 2402
Click the icon above to access access MyRecords, our Student Information System. Register for courses, check your grades, etc.
Click the icon above to access Blackboard, the premier learning management system. Used in all of our online courses and some on ground offerings.
Click the icon above to access the CBS Library page.
Click the icon above to explore the CBS student helpdesk support options. The Learn Helpdesk provides 24x7x365 technical support.
Click the links below to access the desired resource:
• General Information
• Online Tutoring
• Add / Drop Change Form
• Change of Status Acknowledgment / Student ID Authorization
• Intent to Graduate
• How to login to your CBS Microsoft account
• How to login to Blackboard
• How to install the Blackboard Mobile App
• How to add your CBS student email address to your mobile device
• How to login to MyRecords
• How to access the Student Orientation Course
• How to access the MySyllabus system
• How to convert a PDF to Microsoft Word
• How to update a DRAFT discussion board post
• How to order textbooks (credit card)
• How to order textbooks (voucher)
• How to create a NetTutor account
• How to Password protect a PDF
• How to install Office 365
• How to clear/refresh your browser's cache
• How to delete remembered browser passwords
We are excited about our Quality Enhancement Program (QEP). For our QEP we developed a First Year Experience course called Steward Your College Experience. The goal of this course is to equip students with a biblical worldview regarding the stewardship of their educational experience, time, finances, and the spiritual disciplines in order to prepare them not only for successful completion of a CBS degree, but also life after college!
Below is a list of key departmental email addresses:
Student/DE Helpdesk: firstname.lastname@example.org
Christian Service Learning: email@example.com
Financial Aid: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Accounts: email@example.com
Title IX Coordinator: TitleIXcoordinator@cbshouston.edu
CBS uses the official Blackboard Learn Help for Students site. This site contains a large number of helpful tutorials and videos showing how to use the core Blackboard functions, tools, and navigation. Please click the link above to access the site.
If, after reviewing your course syllabus and the Blackboard Learn Help for Students site, you still please contact the CBS Learn Helpdesk. Please see the Student Support section of this website for details.
If need technical assistance please send an email to the CBS Learn Helpdesk using your CBS student email address.
Please include the following information:
1) Your full name
2) The course you are having the issue with (e.g.: THEO1311)
3) A detailed description of the problem. For example, "I was in the Week 2 assignment named 'Reflective Paper' and when I tried to upload my paper, I got the error message that read 'Unsupported file type'." If possible, please also supply a screenshot of the error.
4) A quick description of the computer system you are using. For example, "I am using a Windows 10 computer and an up-to-date version of Firefox."
The email address for the CBS Learn Helpdesk is: LearnHelpdesk@cbshouston.edu